Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Call (954) 764-8040
For a referral to an experienced lawyer, you can:
- Call the BCBA at (954) 764-8040, Monday – Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET
- Email the Lawyer Referral Manager, or
- Visit the BCBA at: Broward County Bar Association, 1051 S.E. 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
What happens when I call?
When you call, the manager will:
- Ask you to briefly state your concern.
- Match your legal need with an experienced attorney.
- Give you the name and phone number of the attorney.
What is the cost?
You will be required to pay the BCBA a $50 administrative fee before a lawyer referral can be given. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Cash payments are accepted only in the BCBA office.
What is my obligation?
Once you pay the administrative fee and receive the referral, you will:
- Call the attorney.
- Consult with the attorney by phone or in person at the attorney’s office for up to 30 minutes.
- Pay the attorney directly for any legal services he/she provides after the initial 30-minute consultation.
There are no attorneys at the BCBA offices. You will not be able to speak or meet with an attorney at the BCBA.
If you cannot afford an attorney, please visit the Legal Aid Society website or call (954)- 765-8950. We do not provide referrals for pro bono (free) attorneys.