The purpose of the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) of the Broward County Bar Association, Inc. is as follows:
- To assist the public by referring them to a qualified member of the Association who has agreed to provide a consultation.
- To provide the LRS Members with potential clients who have legal needs and should be expected to pay reasonable fees for legal services.
Broward County Bar Association (BCBA) members can join the BCBA Lawyer Referral Service if the following qualifications listed below are met:
- Membership in good standing with The Florida Bar and BCBA.
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage in an amount no less than $100,000.
- Must maintain an office in Broward County for the conduct of law practice.
- Must certify on the application that the panel member is qualified to handle matters in the practice areas in which referral will be accepted.
The annual membership fee is $100.00 and includes up to five panels. Special contingency fee panels (personal injury, etc.) are $100.00 each.
Currently the BCBA Lawyer Referral Service, due to maximum enrollment reached, is accepting only LRS membership RENEWAL applications -and on case-by-case basis- NEW applicants whose practice areas are listed below:
- Computer Law
- Auto Dealership Fraud
- Consumer Fraud
- Labor/Employment (all specific areas)
- Health Care Law
- Baker Act
- Denial of Health Benefits
- Intellectual Property
- Copy Rights
- Military Law
- Municipal Law
- Code Enforcement
- Social Security Disability
- Benefits Illness/Injuries
- Disability Only
- Malpractice (Special panel additional $100)
- Dental Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers Comp
- Low Cost Domestic Relations
If you handle one of the above listed practice areas or you are fluent in speaking a language other than English, please contact our Lawyer Referral Service Coordinator, Lyssette Bedon directly at (954) 832.3622 or email at Lyssette@browardbar.org. for registration consideration.