FOURTH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION – NOTICE OF ACCEPTING JUDICIAL APPLICATIONS
The Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission announces that it is accepting applications to fill the vacancy on the Fourth District Court of Appeal created by the retirement of Judge W. Matthew Stevenson. The application deadline for this vacancy is Monday August 15, 2016.
Qualifications of Applicants:
Applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for the preceding ten (10) years, registered voters, and must reside in the territorial jurisdiction at the time of assuming office.
Instructions for Submission:
1. The current Judicial Application form must be used and can be downloaded in Word version from The Florida Bar’s website.
2. The completed application must be typed and bound. The application must include a photograph.
3. In addition to the original application, applicants must provide the following: (i) nine copies of the completed application, (ii) one redacted copy of the application excluding all exempt information under Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes or other applicable public records law; and (iii) an electronic copy of the application on individual flash drives in PDF format with the applicant’s name on the exterior of the flash drives. No other attachments or files are to be included on the flash drives. All printed copies should be two-sided.
4. The completed application, copies, and flash drives must be delivered to Keith Sonderling, Gunster, 777 S. Flagler Dr., Ste. 500E, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401.
5. The deadline for submission of the completed application is 5:00 p.m., August 15, 2016. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will contact each applicant regarding the date, time and location of any interviews.
All proceedings of the Commission will be held at the Fourth District Court of Appeal Courthouse and are open to the public, except for deliberations. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
A list of members of the Fourth Judicial Nominating Commission is available from The Florida Bar’s website.
Members of the bench, the Bar, and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for this vacancy.
If you have any questions, please call Mr. Sonderling at (561) 650-0659, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.