JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION
Seventeenth Judicial Circuit
Sidney C. Calloway
Belinda M. Keiser
David Keller, Vice Chair
B. Russell Marcus
William G. McCormick
Terrence P. O’Connor
Kevin P. Tynan
Reggie P. Zachariah, Jr., Chair
NOTICE OF JUDICIAL VACANCIES-INSTRUCTIONS
As a result of the resignation of Broward County Judge Eric Marc Beller, there is a
vacancy in the Seventeenth Judicial County Court, in and for Broward County, Florida.
1. Judicial applications for this one (1) County Court vacancy must be received by
Noon on Friday, February 26, 2016, at the following location:
17th Circuit JNC
c/o Reggie Zachariah, Chair
Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
401 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Applications delivered after the deadline WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. All applicants must have been members of the Florida Bar for at least five (5) years, electors of the State of Florida, and be resident of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit prior to taking office.
2. The Judicial Application (which can be obtained from the Florida Bar website www.flabar.org) must include:
- An original and nine (9) copies of the application, with the original clearly marked;
- A recent photograph must be attached to the original and each copy;
- All letters of recommendation in your possession that you wish the Commissioner to consider. However, these letters may also be sent as supplements to each member of the Commission, after the application is submitted;
- The financial disclosure information requested in the application, inclusive of a completed Form 6 (Full and Public Disclosure of Financial Interest);
- Any additional information which you feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing your qualifications.
3. Please follow all requests and instructions in this notice as failing to do so could result in your application not being considered.
4. It is suggested that you submit your application as soon as it is prepared and well before the deadline.
5. After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants to interview. If you are to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm date, time and location.
6. The interviews will be conducted on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at a location and time to be determined.
7. As you know, all proceedings of the Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, you should not expect your application and/or information to be kept confidential.
8. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor and the Governor’s office may ask for additional copies of same.
9. If there is any question about the application process, please contact Reggie Zachariah, at the address indicated in No. 1 above.